[petsc-users] valgrind errors.

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Jan 18 16:03:04 CST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:32:22 -0500, "(Rebecca) Xuefei YUAN" <xy2102 at columbia.edu> wrote:
> Dear Jed,
>
> I got some origins, but I still do not understand what is going on here?
>
> Here is a piece of uninitialised value from

I think you have an indexing error while reading from this local vector
in your residual evaluation.  The contents of the array are explicitly
initialized to zero in VecCreate_Seq, but when memalign is not available
(your trace indicates this is so) PetscMallocAlign allocate a little
extra space and aligns the result, leaving a few bytes uninitialized
(memory further away may also be uninitialized, but this error isn't
saying complaining about those places).

Jed