[petsc-users] valgrind errors.

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Mon Jan 18 14:22:44 CST 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:12:18 -0500, "(Rebecca) Xuefei YUAN" <xy2102 at columbia.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got some errors from valgrind showing some errors from PETSc defined
> functions, but at the end of the valgrind report, it seems fine except
> the first two that valgrind always has for PETSc.

These don't look "fine", perhaps you're passing in uninitialized values
at some point.  You can run with valgrind --track-origins=yes to get
some info about where the uninitialized values come from.

None of these show up in the examples for me.  All I get are a couple
places where memory (cached attributes in communicators) isn't
completely cleaned up.

Jed