[petsc-users] Does preconditioner change results?

Hong Zhang hong at aspiritech.org
Sat Aug 21 09:15:59 CDT 2010

Xuan,

> I used several types of pc in TS solver. Only ilu and jacobi accelerates my
> codes. But both of the preconditioners changed a lot of the results
> comparing with result without pc. Could you please tell me what should I do?

You need figure out which result gives better approximate solution
from your application.
The preconditioners are strongly application dependent.
We do not know which pc is good for you without studying your application.
You may use option '-ts_view -ksp_converged_reason' to check which algorithm
is being used and if linear solver converges.

Hong