[petsc-users] Finding determinant and inverse matrix

Немања Илић (Nemanja Ilic) nemanja.ilic.81 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 12:18:31 CDT 2010

Hello,

Thank you for you previous help. I wrote the code for calculating matrix determinant and inverse matrix and they don't break anymore. Still I have problems. I try to find determinant in the following way: First get LU factor of a matrix and then multiply it's diagonal elements. I don't get correct results. Could you tell me wheather the problem is maybe in info structure? What information do you need to be able to help me? I find the inverse matrix in the following way: I create linear problem A * X = B where A is the input matrix, X is the inverse matrix, and B is identity matrix. I solve it using MatMatSolve. Could you possibly help me and what info do you need?

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Nemanja