[petsc-users] PETSC with-debugging and petsc errors

John-Michael Fischer fischej at umich.edu
Mon Aug 2 15:52:39 CDT 2010

I was wondering if when PETSC is compiled with-debugging=1 (or any other configure flag for that matter) I can get it to report the line and filename that errors occur on in my source.

It's dutifully reporting the file and line # of the PETSC source, but I know the error is mine and not a problem with petsc (the error is [0]PETSC ERROR: Argument out of range! ).

Since PETSC catches it, even when I run the program in GDB it doesn't segfault or anything so execution just keeps on going.

Thanks
John-Michael Fischer