[petsc-users] configure script for petsc

Stephan Kramer s.kramer at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Apr 23 08:32:54 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm trying to write a portable configure script for our software that uses petsc, and needs to deal with petsc installations on a number of different platforms. In petsc 3.0 I could do

   make -f $(PETSC_DIR)/conf/base getlinklibs

and

   make -f $(PETSC_DIR)/conf/base getincludedirs

that would work for both "installed" petsc and petsc in its own build directory (provided PETSC_ARCH is set correctly of course). In petsc 3.1 conf/base seems to have disappeared, is the best
way to deal with this to make my own little makefile:

include ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/variables
include ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/rules

and use "make -f my_own_little_makefile getlinklibs" instead?

Cheers
Stephan