[petsc-users] external binary reader from bin/matlab

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Apr 19 14:25:40 CDT 2010

   Chun,

      I assume you mean dense matrices written with
PETSC_VIEWER_NATIVE option to the viewer?

      Please find attached a version of PetscBinaryRead.m that handles
this. Please let me know if it doesn't work for you?

     Notes: the default viewing of dense matrices converts to sparse
so that PetscBinaryRead() does actually work.  The reading of native
dense format doesn't matter if the matrix is rectangular or square it
just was not supported (but is with my new code). Please let me know
if I misunderstood your problem.

     Barry