[petsc-users] PaStiX does not work

Gong Ding gdiso at ustc.edu
Tue Apr 6 21:33:10 CDT 2010

Dear Barry
The mainly petsc related file is attached.
The whole project is very large, it is a 3D/parallel code for semiconductor simulation.
You can download the source code from http://www.cogenda.com/downloads/category/7-genius-open-source-edition.html
It can be compiled with petsc 3.0. I am now adding 3.1 support.

I had use MUMPS solver for quite a long time by the same code:
PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage (pc, MAT_SOLVER_MUMPS);
It works well for most of the time. However, it may crash (when other solver like KSP type works).

I'd like to try PASTIX if it is faster and more stable.

Yours
Gong Ding