PCNN preconditioner and setting the interface

Andreas Grassl Andreas.Grassl at student.uibk.ac.at
Tue Mar 24 08:45:27 CDT 2009

Hello,

I'm working with a FE-Software where I get out the element stiffness
matrices and the element-node correspondency to setup the stiffness
matrix for solving with PETSc.

I'm currently fighting with the interface definition. My
LocalToGlobalMapping for test-purposes was the "identity"-IS, but I
guess this is far from the optimum, because nowhere is defined a node
set of interface nodes.

How do I declare the interface? Is it simply a reordering of the nodes,
the inner nodes are numbered first and the interface nodes last?

Thank you in advance

ando

--
 /"\                               Grassl Andreas
 \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign      Uni Innsbruck Institut f. Mathematik