matrix assembling time

Ravi Kannan rxk at cfdrc.com
Fri Mar 13 12:48:39 CDT 2009

Hi,
    This is Ravi Kannan from CFD Research Corporation. One basic question on
the ordering of linear solvers in PETSc: If my A matrix (in AX=B) is a
sparse matrix and the bandwidth of A (i.e. the distance between non zero
elements) is high, does PETSc reorder the matrix/matrix-equations so as to
solve more efficiently. If yes, is there any specific command to do the
above?

Thanks
Ravi