Hello for compiled problem

Wei-Dong Lian weidong.lian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 18:38:54 CDT 2009

Hi,

[--with-shared=0, and do not use --with-dyanmic]
I compiled petsc and link the static lib with my makefile
"ADDLIBSTATIC := $(ADDLIBSTATIC) $(PETSC_LIBDIR)/ libpetsccontrib.a
$(PETSC_LIBDIR)/libpetscksp.a $(PETSC_LIBDIR)/libpetscsnes.a
$(PETSC_LIBDIR)/libpetscvec.a $(PETSC_LIBDIR)/libpetsc.a
$(PETSC_LIBDIR)/libpetscdm.a $(PETSC_LIBDIR)/libpetscmat.a
$(PETSC_LIBDIR)/libpetscts.a"
The result was the same as before. So I really wonder how to link petsc with
static library? This is useful when I could not generate shared library.
Tomorrow morning I will try the  *setCompilers.py *that you sent me for
avoiding the error of -PIC. it is 00:37, I will go to sleep.
See you tomorrow. Good night.
yours sincerely
Weidong