calculation time

Zi-Hao Wei socrates.wei at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 02:56:08 CDT 2009

Hi

How many eigenvalues did you compute?
I think that these Krylov subspace methods, such as Krylov-Schur,
Arnoldi, Lanczos, and etc. are not suitable for finding whole
spectrum.

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Takuya Sekikawa<sekikawa at msi.co.jp> wrote:
> Dear PETSc/SLEPc users,
>
> I have made eigenproblem solver program with SLEPc.
> Currently it works well, but it takes very long time to solve big
> problem.
>
> with 10000x10000 random matrix, it takes about 34 hours to solve.
> (solver = KrylovSchur, on 64bit Linux platform, 16G memory, 1 machine)
>
> Is this ordinally time to solve problem like these size?
> or Is there any good way to shorten calculation time?
>
> Thanks
> Takuya
>  Takuya Sekikawa
>         Mathematical Systems, Inc
>                    sekikawa at msi.co.jp

Zi-Hao Wei
Department of Mathematics
National Central University, Taiwan
Rita Rudner  - "I was a vegetarian until I started leaning toward the
sunlight." - http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/r/rita_rudner.html