external lib

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 22 20:42:16 CST 2009

    When config/configure.py finishes it will print the various
libraries it is using. If successful ParMETIS will be listed.

    It is possible the capital letters in --with-ParMetis-dir you
wrote may cause it to be ignored. If so use --with-parmetis-dir

    In general it is better to have PETSc install ParMetis for you by
using --download-parmetis This will make sure the same compilers,
compiler options and version of ParMETIS that PETSc needs are used.

    Barry