inverting independent, small dense matrices

Shao-Ching Huang schuang at ats.ucla.edu
Fri Feb 13 15:01:15 CST 2009

Hi

I need to invert a bunch of independent, dense 4x4 matrices on each
MPI process. (This is separate from the main computation, a parallel
Ax=b solve.) I am thinking of using LAPACK's DGESV to invert these 4x4
matrices.

In my code, is it necessary to call LAPACK directly? Or does PETSc
already have a convenient interface to LAPACK?

The size 4x4 may be increased to 8x8 or so later, so I am not trying
to use the closed-form inversion formula.

Thanks,

Shao-Ching