How to use PETSc with sunf90?

Svend Tollak Munkejord stm-direct_reply at pvv.org
Thu Feb 12 09:41:32 CST 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the quick answer

On 2009-02-12, Satish Balay wrote:

> For one -it looks like its just a warning - so it can be ignored.

The one from sunf90 is a warning, but I think the one from ld is an
error (even if it doesn't say "errror"); my program isn't linked.

> [or
> you can manually edit petsc-3.0.0-p3/sunf90-optim/conf/petscvariables
> - and remove the option causing this warning]

Ah, that worked. Thank you!

> But ideally - you should be using '--with-cc=suncc --wth-cxx=sunCC'
> with sunf90 [not gcc/g++].

I agree, but this gives:

         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for details):
C++ compiler you provided with -with-cxx=sunCC does not work

configure.log contains things like

Possible ERROR while running linker: /usr/lib64/libm.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized

and I don't know how to fix it. I could send you the configure.log if
you like.

Svend Tollak Munkejord