[petsc-users] diagonal preconditioner?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 30 16:12:32 CST 2009

    PCJACOBI supports the following options: -pc_jacobi_rowmax /
PCJacobiSetUseRowMax() or -pc_jacobi_rowsum / PCJacobiSetUseRowSum() or
-pc_jacobi_abs / PCJacobiSetUseAbs() or the default of just using the
diagonal entry.

    If you want to use some other diagonal matrix to build the
preconditioner then pass the diagonal matrix as the second matrix to
KSPSetOperators() or SNESSetJacobian() and use Jacobi preconditioning
with that matrix.

    Barry