MATMPIAIJ vs MATMPIBAIJ

jarunan at ascomp.ch jarunan at ascomp.ch
Thu Dec 3 04:40:14 CST 2009

Dear PETSc team,

I would like to ask about the different of MATMPIAIJ and MATMPIBAIJ.
I am using MATMPIAIJ type and want to try other structure of the
matrix. I read about BAIJ format, which should be more efficient in
setting value, MatSetValuesBlock(). It seems that I have to define the
block sizes then every block will have the same size, right? Could I
use BAIJ format if my block size is not the same in each block?

At the end of the day, would these 2 structures of matrix affect
differently in solving performance such as speed up?

Thank you

Jarunan

--
Jarunan Panyasantisuk