How to copy global data to local ?

ming zhu foolishzhu at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Dec 2 00:33:32 CST 2009

OK. I am now use MatGetSubMatrix.My code is as follows

  PetscMalloc(n*sizeof(PetscInt),&indices);
  for (j = 0; j < n; j++)
  {
      indices[j] = j;
  }
  ISCreateGeneral(PETSC_COMM_SELF,n,indices,&iy); // get all columns

   PetscMalloc(2*sizeof(PetscInt),&indices);
    indices[0] = i;
    indices[1] = j;
    ISCreateGeneral(PETSC_COMM_SELF,2,indices,&ix);     // only get i,j rows

    Mat ui,uj;
// I am not sure how to set the third parameter : how many "local " columns.. Since I want all columns, I set it to n
     ierr = MatGetSubMatrix(U,ix,iy,n, MAT_INITIAL_MATRIX,&ui);CHKERRQ(ierr);

What I really hope is to

    for (i = 0; i < n; i++)
{
                PetscInt row = 0;
          MatGetValues(ui,1,&row,1,&i,&u_ik);
}
It does not work. I tried to change the n to PETSC_DECIDE, it still does not work

So, I really doubt that whether I can get the entire row of the matrix.

BTW, the matrix is created as follows:
 MatCreateMPIDense(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,PETSC_DECIDE,PETSC_DECIDE,m,n,PETSC_NULL,&U)

THank you
--- 09年12月2日,周三, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> 写道: