how to run petsc on different machine

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 1 14:15:30 CST 2009

--download-mpich=1 defaults to gforker i.e a single machine.

If you wish to run on multiple machines - then you'll have to
figureout what mechanism you'd like to use - and then direct the MPI
install for that method.

For eg: - the common method is to use MPD. So you can install petsc with

--download-mpich=1 --download-mpich-pm=mpd

[Or install any MPI  as you desire - separately - and then install PETSc with it].

Satish