viewer interfaces between PETSc and Matlab clones

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:44:38 CDT 2008

However, not that using petsc4py+matplotlib from Python will not fill
your needs for 3D visualization. For (really good) 3D visualisation
scripting in Python, you have MayaVi-2.

A powerfull 3D alternative would be ParaView and its support for
Python scripting, Moreover, as ParaView is supports MPI, you could
even use mpi4py to do MPI communication between your computing
application (witten in C/C++/Fortran) and a (possibly distributed)
ParaView engine managed through a Python scrit. I never tried this,
but with some (perhaps hard) work, the final result could be really
awesome.

--
Lisandro Dalcín