negative indices in VecSetValuesLocal

Andrew T Barker Andrew.Barker at Colorado.EDU
Tue Sep 23 11:05:57 CDT 2008

Upgrading to Petsc 2.3.3 from 2.3.2, it seems that where before VecSetValuesLocal would ignore negative numbers in the set of vector indices, now it complains "Argument out of range; Out of range index value -1 cannot be negative".  I've checked the LocalToGlobalMapping and everything is the same, it seems the Petsc version is the difference.  Is there a suggested workaround?  I'm afraid going through the array one by one will be slow.

Thanks,

Andrew