Compile PETSc with AMBER

Chen, Changjun cjchen at math.msu.edu
Tue Sep 16 14:34:29 CDT 2008

Dear Sir,
     I am Changjun Chen in Michigan State University, as a postdoc in Prof. Guowei's group in Mathematics department.
Today I try to compile PETSc with AMBER (Molecular Simulation Package), but failed. When I add one line into Makefile of AMBER, like the following

include ${PETSC_DIR}/bmake/common/base

I got the error message:

../config.h:82: warning: overriding commands for target `.f.o'
/home/cjchen/soft/petsc/bmake/linux-gnu-c-debug/petscrules:18: warning: ignoring old commands for target `.f.o'
../config.h:86: warning: overriding commands for target `.c.o'
/home/cjchen/soft/petsc/bmake/common/rules:269: warning: ignoring old commands for target `.c.o'
Makefile:275: warning: overriding commands for target `clean'
/home/cjchen/soft/petsc/bmake/common/rules:95: warning: ignoring old commands for target `clean'

It seems some compile rules in PETSc are repeated in AMBER, now no code could be compiled, even for those belong to AMBER themselves.
Could you kindly give me some suggestion?
Thank you!

Sincerely,
Changjun