ksp_monitor and hypre/boomeramg

Shao-Ching Huang schuang at ats.ucla.edu
Wed Nov 12 11:44:21 CST 2008

Hi Matt:

I tried "-ksp_converged_reason" you suggested. With "-ksp_monitor", it
shows "due to CONVERGED_RTOL". Without "-ksp_monitor", it shows "due
to CONVERGED_ITS".

------------------
$ mpiexec -np 1 -machinefile mach ./ibm  -ksp_type richardson \
-pc_type hypre -pc_hypre_type boomeramg  -ksp_monitor \
-ksp_converged_reason | grep Linear

Linear solve converged due to CONVERGED_RTOL iterations 5

$ mpiexec -np 1 -machinefile mach ./ibm  -ksp_type richardson \
-pc_type hypre -pc_hypre_type boomeramg  \
-ksp_converged_reason | grep Linear

Linear solve converged due to CONVERGED_ITS iterations 0

Thanks,

Shao-Ching