Slow MatSetValues

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 29 20:21:08 CDT 2008

   I realize I made a mistake for three dimensions below; when nodes
share an edge in 3d they will over counted. The fix
is to have another array with one entry per edge that gives the number
of elements that contain that edge. Then use
                    if node1 and node2 share an edge then t = 1/
elementsperedge[edge that connects node1 and node2]
>                 else if node1 and node2 share an face in 3d and that
> face in 3d is not a boundary face  set t = .5 (this prevents double
> counting of these couplings)
>                 else set t = 1.0
    This increases the complexity of the code a bit but is still very
rapid.

    Barry