MatMerge_SeqsToMPI

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:44:32 CDT 2008

On 5/20/08, Waad Subber <w_subber at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The system I am trying to solve is the interface problem in iterative
> substructuring DDM. Where A_i represents [R_i^T*S_i*R_i] and f_i is
> [R_i^T*g_i].
>
> Each process  constructs the local Schur complement matrix (S_i) , the
> restriction matrix(R_i) as SeqAIJ and the RHS vector (g_i) as a sequential
> vector.

Two questions:

1) How do you actually get the local Schur complements. You
explicitelly compute its entries, or do you compute it after computing
the inverse (or LU factors) of a 'local' matrix?

2) Your R_i matrix is actually a matrix? In that case, it is a trivial
restrinction operation with ones and zeros? Or R_i is actually a
VecScatter?

And finally: are you trying to apply a Krylov method over the global
Schur complement? In such a case, are you going to implement a
preconditioner for it?

--
Lisandro Dalcín