Question on petsc-2.3.3-p13

Tobias Neckel neckel at in.tum.de
Thu Jun 12 06:07:52 CDT 2008

Hello,

we recently switched from petsc-2.3.2-p10 to petsc-2.3.3-p13 (on a Linux
32 bit architecture, with gcc 4.1.2). Installation and tests of petsc
worked all well.

Besides some new naming conventions, we encountered a strange compile
error when using the new version 2.3.3 in our project:

In the file petsc-2.3.3-p13/include/private/vecimpl.h, we get the
following error in the lines 278 and 300:
petsc-2.3.3-p13/include/private/vecimpl.h error: expected
primary-expression before ',' token.

We are not including vecimpl.h directly, but possibly indirectly by
including kspimpl.h, pcimpl.h, and matimpl.h.

When comparing this implementation to the old release, we learnt that
the methods VecStashValue_Private() and VecStashValuesBlocked_Private(),
which have been simple defines before, are now sth. like inline functions.

We could eliminate the compile error by simply commenting the two
corresponding calls of CHKERRQ(ierr) manually in vecimpl.h. So the ','
token seems to be one in the define of CHKERRQ.

Is this a known problem? Are there any known solutions (besides this
workaround)? Or are we misusing/omitting something?

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Tobias Neckel

--