Question on using MUMPS in PETSC

Randall Mackie rlmackie862 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 16:35:18 CDT 2008

I've compiled PETSc with MUMPS support, and I'm trying to run a small test
problem, but I'm having some problems. It seems to begin just fine, but
what I notice is that on one process (out of 64), the memory just keeps
going up and up and up until it crashes, while on the other processes,
the memory usage is reasonable. I'm wondering if anyone might have any idea
why? By the way, my command file is like this:

-ksp_type preonly
-pc_type lu
-mat_type aijmumps
-mat_mumps_cntl_4 3
-mat_mumps_cntl_9 1

Randy

ps. This happens after the analysis stage and in the factorization stage.