Matlab and PETSc communication

Michel Cancelliere fernandez858 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 19:57:27 CDT 2008

Hi, I am a new user of PETSc. I am working in Reservoir Simulation and I
have been developing the simulator inside Matlab. I have some question in
order to understand better my possibilities of success in what I want to do:

   - I want to solve the linear system obtained from the inner iterations in
   the newton method using PETSc, is it possible to communicate in an efficient
   way PETSc  with Matlab to do that? I now that I can write binary files and
   then read with PETSc but due the size of the matrix it is a very
   time-expensive way. Where i can find some examples? I look at the examples
   within the package but I could not find it. \
   - It is possible to call PETSc library inside Matlab? Using the Mex files
   and Matlab compiler?

Thank you very much for your time,

Michel Cancelliere