Integer DA's

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jul 21 12:50:38 CDT 2008

   You can compile PETSc so vectors can contain with double precision,
single precision or double
complex. There is no support for integers. If you are using these as
just part of some code
then you can just use the double vector and store integers in them.
Unless the bulk of your
code involves moving integers between processes then you wouldn't even
notice any difference
in performance. If you entire code involves only moving integers
between processes then
PETSc is likely not the right tool for you.

    Barry