MatTranspose Question

Toby D. Young tyoung at ippt.gov.pl
Mon Jul 14 15:02:32 CDT 2008

Hej Sarah,

> The first thing I did was to run my code to check for correctness on
> a matrix of size 202x200.  It  gave me, what looked to be, the
> singular values i was expecting on that matrix.

Ok, looks like good news - nothing is seriously wrong. So we can guess you
are looking at a matrix "size-problem"(?)

>  But at some point I think I will have to solve this
> specific problem.

Sure.   :-)

> Theoretically I might be able to work around this problem by creating
> the transpose of my matrix when I read in my original matrix from
> several files.

You may have misunderstood me. I meant, as a work around, can you recast
your equations in a way that avoids performing the transpose of a matrix?
Sometimes this is possible and is almost always desirable. Note: Are you
able to use the "inline matrix transpose" rather than by creating a new
matrix? If this is possible it will definately save you some time.

> However, I am wondering if there is something I'm doing that is
> really wrong in some way.

I don't suppose you are doing anything particuarily wrong... I can
not guess without first seeing your particular problem and code first.

best,
	Toby

-----

Toby D. Young - Adiunkt (Assistant Professor)
Department of Computational Science
Institute of Fundamental Technological Research
Polish Academy of Sciences
Room 206, ul. Swietokrzyska 21
00-049 Warszawa, Polska

+48 22 826 12 81 ext. 184