How use scalar type and complex type at the same time?

Zhifeng Sheng z.sheng at ewi.tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 20 07:19:36 CDT 2008

Dear all

I am working on a FEM program, which can be used to solve time domain
and frequency domain EM problems. I finished the time domain solver part
and now I need to implement the frequency domain solver.... So I built
Petsc with --scalar-type = complex, and then my time domain solver can
not be compiled, it says " can not convert double to PetscScalar".

Is there any way that I can handle both real matrix and complex matrix
at the same time? (without changing my old code too much?)

Thanks
Best regards
Zhifeng Sheng