problem in compiling petsc for visual c++ 2005

berry lua.byhh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 12:19:39 CDT 2008

Hi, Satish

Sorry for my vague reply.

I just use 'bash' not 'bash --login'. With 'bash' only, the configure script
can not find 'mkdir' and 'sed' command, as you kindly points me out.

Then I try this utilities: 'usr/bin/run.exe -ls'  to open a xterm window. I
Successed.  In this window, I can find 'mkdir' and 'sed' plus visual c++'s
'cl.exe' and intel fortran 's 'ifort.exe' now.

After that, I do configure petsc again with './config/configure.py '( I can
not remember other paramters for mpich , lapack, blas, winfe cl , winfe
ifort and hypre now, but I follow the exact guidence from petsc official
website).

However, after several minutes's configuration, petsc configuration script
still CRASHED with no error prompt on screen. It just tell me to send the
config.log file to developers. Right now I am not in my office, tomorrow I
will send the config.log file to corresponding email address.

Hope this time you can understand what I say.

Thanks for you help!

--
Pang Shengyong
Solidification Simulation Lab,