[mumps-dev] Re: Question on using MUMPS in PETSC

Jean-Yves L Excellent Jean-Yves.L.Excellent at ens-lyon.fr
Fri Aug 1 15:51:03 CDT 2008

Hi,

Clearly in MUMPS processor 0 uses more memory during
the analysis step because the analysis is sequential.
So until we provide a parallel analysis, processor 0
is gathering the graph of the matrix from all other
processors to perform the analysis. But that memory
is freed at the end of the analysis so it should
not affect the factorization.

Thanks for letting us know if you have more information.

Regards,
Jean-Yves