Dual core performance estimate

Aron Ahmadia aja2111 at columbia.edu
Sun Nov 18 14:53:13 CST 2007

Hi Ben,

You're asking a question that is very specific to the program you're
running.  I think the general consensus on this list has been that for
the more common uses of PETSc, getting dual-cores will not speed up
your performance as much as dual-processors.  For OS X, dual-cores are
pretty much the baseline now, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

~A