problem compiling PETSC on MacOS Leopard

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Nov 18 09:37:49 CST 2007

Executing: mpif90 -c -o conftest.o   conftest.F
sh:
Possible ERROR while running compiler: ret = 256
error message = {ifort: error #10106: Fatal error in /opt/intel/fc/10.0.020/bin/fpp, terminated by segmentation violation

ifort is giving SEGV - hence configure failed. There must be some
compatibility issue with ifort and Leopard.

Satish