General Question about Linear Solvers

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:44:42 CST 2007

In general, iterative information cannot be reused, or it is of little use.
Until you get truly large, I would use sparse direct packages like
MUMPS or SuperLU_dist through PETSc. They are simple (hopefully)
with configure.

  Matt

--
One trouble is that despite this system, anyone who reads journals widely
and critically is forced to realize that there are scarcely any bars to eventual