"if" statement in "$PESC_DIR\bmake\common\rules" makefile

Sumit Vaidya sumit_vaidya at persistent.co.in
Tue Jul 31 06:47:11 CDT 2007

Hi,

I would like to understand the rules makefile. What are these various
options '-d', '-o', '-f' used in "if" statement.

For example in "tree" target, the first command is

"@if [ "$(DIRS)" != "" -o -d "ftn-auto" -o -d "ftn-custom" -o -d
"f90-custom" ];"

I would like to understand the meaning of this. What is the significance of
-o -d option in "if" statement.

Can you point me to some link where I will get the information about this?

Waiting for your reply,

Sumit

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.