memory problem

li pan li76pan at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 07:35:12 CDT 2007

Dear developers,
I still have problem with memory allocation. As
example, I used mesh size of 128 x 128 x 35, and got
the following error message,
[0]PETSC ERROR: PetscMallocAlign() line 62 in
src/sys/src/memory/mal.c
[0]PETSC ERROR: Out of memory. This could be due to
allocating
[0]PETSC ERROR: too large an object or bleeding by not
properly
[0]PETSC ERROR: destroying unneeded objects.
[0] Maximum memory PetscMalloc()ed 1815995752 maximum
size of entire process 0
[0]PETSC ERROR: Memory requested 1082172680!

How should I understand "Maximum memory "? Is it
maximum memory size a process can allocate?

kind regards

pan