Re: 回复: about combining the GMRES and smooth methods

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 15:52:52 CST 2007

On 1/28/07, jiaxun hou <jiaxun_hou at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

> But I already had another preconditioner. I want to study the behave of  the
> smooth method in the GMRES with my preconditioner. How can I do?
>  Thanks!

So perhaps it is better to use a composite preconditioner, calling
PCCreate(comm,&pc) and next PCSetType(pc, PCCOMPOSITE), and finally
add your preconditioner followed by the smoother...

I think your original approach was wrong, if you look at GMREScycle(),
you will see that this routine applies the PC inside each cycle.

--
Lisandro Dalcín