about combining the GMRES and smooth methods

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jan 27 21:28:35 CST 2007

  It seems extremely likely that you do not want to do this.

  If you want to use SOR or SSOR as a preconditioner for GMRES simply
use -pc_type sor; see the manual page for PCSOR for other options.

   Barry

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007, jiaxun hou wrote:

> Hi,
I want to add a smooth method in the GMRES routine.  I do it in the function KSPSolve_GMRES of  /src/ksp/ksp/impls/gmres/gmres.c. The code likes that:

PetscErrorCode KSPSolve_GMRES(KSP ksp) {
     ierr = GMREScycle(&its,ksp);CHKERRQ(ierr);

     ierr = MatRelax(ksp->pc->mat, ksp->vec_rhs,1,SOR_FORWARD_SWEEP,0,1,1,ksp->vec_sol);CHKERRQ(ierr);
}

But  compile fail. Is it the right way?
Thanks.