Using PETSc in structured c-grid for CFD and multigrid

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 26 21:30:45 CST 2007

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007, Ben Tay wrote:

> I tried to install HYPRE 2.0 on windows using cygwin but it failed. I then
> install it as an external software thru PETSc. I think it's installing HYPRE
> 1.0 or something. But similarly, there's illegal operation.

If you are using hypre from PETSc - you'll have to install the
compatible sources i.e use --download-hypre=1, otherwise you are
likely to encounter problems.

However I can't say that installer works on windows with MS
compilers. If you wish to try installing hypre manually - you can grab
the sources from the url documented in python/PETSc/hypre.py and try..

Satish