Vector containing one number

Berend van Wachem berend at chalmers.se
Fri Jan 19 02:59:59 CST 2007

Hi,

I have problems running it if np>1. I am using open-mpi, is that the
problem, you think? Other PETSc examples seem to be working fine on
multiple processors.

Thanks

Berend.

$ mpirun -np 2 ex1
[0]PETSC
ERROR: ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 11 SEGV: Segmentation Violation,
probably memory access out of range
[0]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger
or -on_error_attach_debugger
[0]PETSC ERROR: or see
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/troubleshooting.html#Signal[0]PETSC
ERROR: or try http://valgrind.org on linux or man libgmalloc on Apple
to find memory corruption errors
[0]PETSC ERROR: configure using --with-debugging=yes, recompile, link,
and run
[0]PETSC ERROR: to get more information on the crash.
[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error
Message ------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Signal received!
[0]PETSC
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 2.3.2, Patch 3, Fri Sep 29
17:09:34 CDT 2006 HG revision:
9215af156a9cbcdc1ec666e2b5c7934688ddc526
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/changes/index.html for recent updates.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/faq.html for hints about trouble shooting.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/index.html for manual pages.
[0]PETSC