TS

Manav Bhatia manav at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 21 13:04:50 CST 2007

Hong,

	In my case, my LHS matrix is also dependent on the primary variable

>> [C(t,{T})] d{T}/dt = {F(t,{T})}

Would this case be handled by CN? or does it handle only a constant
or time dependent LHS matrix?
For a constant/time-dependent LHS matrix, the jacobian of the RHS is
same as the steady-state nonlinear analysis. Otherwise, I need to
change the jacobian definition too, I think.

My main concern is:
If I use the restated problem (from my previous mail)

I know how to calculate the jacobian of the RHS, even though it
requires inversion. With this, I can use any of the explicit/implicit
methods.
But if I do not state the problem like this, what do I do about the
LHS matrix that is dependent on the primary variable?

I would be happy to contribute an example. But it will have to wait a
about 2 weeks till I can start working on it.

Thanks,
Manav