hypre and PETSc's FORTRAN Interface

Keita Teranishi keita at cray.com
Mon Aug 27 00:02:00 CDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to build petsc with FORTRAN interface and hypre together, but having a configure error message due to language compatibility between FORTRAN and C++.  More precisely, the configure script complains that PETSc's FORTRAN interface cannot be linked to some C++ objects of hypre.  I thought the latest version of hypre is implemented in C except some optional packages such as Babel.  If this is right, we could use FOTRAN interface to use PETSc and hypre together.

I would like to know how PETSc accesses to hypre.

Thanks,

Keita