How can I use BICGStab on a matrix with zero entries on the diagonal

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Aug 12 21:09:16 CDT 2007

  It is not really the BiCGstab Krylov solver that it complaining;
it is the default ILU or block Jacobi with ILU on the blocks that is
complaining.

  You first need to make sure you insert 0 entries on the all the diagonal
entries that are 0. BUT given the structure of your matrix you may want
to think about solvers that specifically handle that type of matrix.

   Barry

Stokes type solvers?