using hypre through petsc

Matt Funk mafunk at nmsu.edu
Fri Sep 29 15:45:11 CDT 2006

This might be a pretty stupid question, especially since i did this a while
back and it worked.

However, how do i specify thsis? Do i run my executable do and then simply
append -pc_type hypre -pc_hypre_type boomeramg -help and it will print out
the options?

Because when i do that i get:
Options for all PETSc programs:
 -on_error_abort: cause an abort when an error is detected. Useful
       only when run in the debugger
 -on_error_attach_debugger [gdb,dbx,xxgdb,ups,noxterm]
       start the debugger in new xterm
       unless noxterm is given
 -start_in_debugger [gdb,dbx,xxgdb,ups,noxterm]
       start all processes in the debugger
 -on_error_emacs <machinename>
    emacs jumps to error file
 -debugger_nodes [n1,n2,..] Nodes to start in debugger
 -debugger_pause [m] : delay (in seconds) to attach debugger
 -stop_for_debugger : prints message on how to attach debugger manually
                      waits the delay for you to attach
 -display display: Location where graphics and debuggers are displayed
 -no_signal_handler: do not trap error signals
 -mpi_return_on_error: MPI returns error code, rather than abort on internal
error
 -fp_trap: stop on floating point exceptions
           note on IBM RS6000 this slows run greatly
 -malloc_dump <optional filename>: dump list of unfreed memory at conclusion
 -malloc: use our error checking malloc
 -malloc no: don't use error checking malloc
 -mallocinfo: prints total memory usage
 -malloc_debug: enables extended checking for memory corruption
 -options_table: dump list of options inputted
 -options_left: dump list of unused options
 -options_left no: don't dump list of unused options
 -tmp tmpdir: alternative /tmp directory
 -shared_tmp: tmp directory is shared by all processors
 -not_shared_tmp: each processor has separate tmp directory
 -memory_info: print memory usage at end of run
 -get_total_flops: total flops over all processors
 -log[_all _summary]: logging objects and events
 -log_trace [filename]: prints trace of all PETSc calls
 -info <optional filename>: print informative messages about the calculations
 -v: prints PETSc version number and release date
 -options_file <file>: reads options from file
 -petsc_sleep n: sleeps n seconds before running program

but nothing about hypre .... ?

mat