suppressing some command line options?

Boyce Griffith griffith at cims.nyu.edu
Mon Sep 18 12:40:54 CDT 2006

Hi, Folks --

I have an application in which, for better or for worse, I generate a
huge number of sequential sparse AIJ matrices.  I was wondering if it
was possible to suppress the command line options affiliated with those
objects.  (I am using MatCreateSeqAIJ, and I am not using
MatSetFromOptions.)

The basic issue is that when a user runs the program with the '-help'
flag, the options associated with these matrices tend to overwhelm all
of the other command line options, e.g., KSP settings.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

-- Boyce Griffith