petsc I/O

Matt Funk mafunk at nmsu.edu
Wed Sep 13 18:04:48 CDT 2006

Hi,

i need to read in an input file. So to open my file i use PETSCFOpen which
works fine. But then my problems begin ... :)

I guess i need to tell only the first proc in the communicator to fscan. But
is there a PETSC function that returns me the processor id?

And when i read the parameters in on the first proc i need to broadcast them
to the other procs. Does PETSC have anything for this?

thanks
mat