about setting PETSC_DIR

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 31 20:13:25 CST 2006

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Yixun Liu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use Cygwin on windowsXP. I want to know how to set system enviroment varialble PETSC_DIR. PETSC_DIR = /cygdrive/d/myvc/petsc-2.3.2-p3 or PETSC_DIR = d:\myvc\petsc-2.3.2-p3? The former can be recongized by cygwin but not by windows. The latter otherwise.

Depending on where you use PETSC_DIR - it should be set in the correct
notation. If you are constantly switching between cygwin & MSDev
project files - then its painful to depend upon the env variable.

I guess I should change the variable name in the projectfiles to
PETSC_DIR_WIN - so both variables can be set/used.

Since MS project files are not really portable - you might as well
remove $PETSC_DIR from them - and use the correct windows version of
the path in them..

Satish