why i cannot find PetscMapCreateMPI()

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Oct 28 22:05:12 CDT 2006

  Parts of the PETSc API changes between releases; this is fundamental
to PETSc development and is clearly stated in the users manual. Thus
when you link against PETSc libraries you have to make sure you
are consistent. In
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/changes/231.html
you will find the note: PetscMap is no longer a public PETSc object
See the manual page for PetscMapInitialize() for its new usage
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Vec/PetscMapInitialize.html

  Barry